The 8th International Electronic Conference on Water Sciences
Innovative Trends to Reshape the Water Science, Technology and Engineering
14–16 Oct 2024
Water Science, Water Technology, Water Engineering
- Go to the Sessions
- S1. Rivers, Dams and Reservoirs
- S2. Hydrodynamics, Hydraulic Transients, Hydropower and Pumped Storage in Water-Energy Nexus
- S3. Estuaries, Coasts and Ports
- S4. Urban Water, Systems Efficiency and Smart Water Grids and Technology
- S5. Numerical and Experimental Methods, Data Analyses, Digital Twin, IoT Machine Learning and AI in Water Sciences
- S6. Water Resources Management, Floods and Risk Mitigation
- Event Details
ECWS-8 will be FREE for Participation!
Join us today to register and submit your abstract, and be part of cutting-edge discussions and networking opportunities!
Welcome from the Chair
2. Hydrodynamics, Hydraulic Transients, Hydropower and Pumped Storage in Water–Energy Nexus;
3. Estuaries, Coasts and Ports;
4. Urban Water, Systems Efficiency and Smart Water Grids and Technology;
5. Numerical and Experimental Methods, Data Analyses, Digital Twin, IoT Machine Learning and AI in Water Sciences;
6. Water Resources Management, Floods and Risk Mitigation.
Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon, Portugal
S2. Hydrodynamics, Hydraulic Transients, Hydropower and Pumped Storage in Water-Energy Nexus
S3. Estuaries, Coasts and Ports
S4. Urban Water, Systems Efficiency and Smart Water Grids and Technology
S5. Numerical and Experimental Methods, Data Analyses, Digital Twin, IoT Machine Learning and AI in Water Sciences
S6. Water Resources Management, Floods and Risk Mitigation
The registration for ECWS-8 will be free of charge! The registration includes attendance to all conference sessions.
If you are registering several people under the same registration, please do not use the same email address for each person, but their individual university email addresses. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that the submission and registration are two separate parts. Only scholars who registered can receive a link to access the conference live streaming. The deadline for registration is 11 October 2024.
Instructions for Authors
ECWS-8 will accept abstracts only. The accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference.
1. Deadline for abstract submission: 17 June 2024.
2. Announcement of oral and poster abstract results: 30 June 2024. You will be notified of the acceptance of an oral/poster presentation in a separate email.
Abstract submissions should be completed online by registering with www.sciforum.net and using the "Submit Abstract" function once logged into the system. No physical template is necessary.
1. The abstract structure should include the introduction, methods, results, and conclusions sections of about 200–300 words in length.
2. All accepted abstracts will be published as one dedicated volume in Proceedings journal (ISSN: 2504-3900). If you wish to publish a full-length proceedings paper, please refer to the “Publication Opportunities” Section.
3. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear, publication-ready English with accurate grammar and spelling.
4. You may submit multiple abstracts. However, only one abstract will be selected for oral presentation.
1. Please note that the submitting author will receive all correspondence relating to the abstract. Thus, the submitting author must be the presenting author.
2. The presenting author must ensure that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract.
3. The presenting author must be listed as the first author for this conference.
Note: We only accept live presentations.
- Should include the title, authors, contact details and main research findings, as well as tables, figures and graphs where necessary.
- Size in pixel: 1080 width x 1536 height–portrait orientation.
- Size in cm: 38,1 width x 54,2 height–portrait orientation.
- Font size: ≥16.
- Examples of successful submissions can be viewed here at the following links: (1), (2), (3)
- You can use our free template to create your poster. The poster template can be downloaded HERE.
The Poster Sessions will take place in Zoom break-out rooms. The rooms will be called after your surname. You will automatically be assigned to your break-out room, however, you will be responsible for your own room, i.e. sharing your screen by yourself, handling the comments in the chat if there are any, etc. People will then be able to visit your room and discuss your poster with you. Please make sure you have the Zoom Desktop client or mobile app, version 5.3.0 or higher.
We will reach out to you closer to the dates of the conference with more information.
1. WaterJournal Publication
Participants in this conference are cordially invited to contribute a full manuscript to the conference's Special Issue, published in Water (ISSN 2073-4441, Impact Factor 3.4), with a 10% discount on the publication fee. Please note that no other discounts are applicable. All submitted papers will undergo MDPI’s standard peer-review procedure. The abstracts should be cited and noted on the first page of the paper.
2. Proceeding Paper Publication
You are welcome to submit a proceeding paper (4-8 pages) to MDPI Environmental Sciences Proceedings (ISSN: 2673-4931) after the conference. Publication of the proceedings will be free of charge.
Authors are asked to disclose that it is a proceeding paper of the IECBM2024 conference paper in their cover letter. Carefully read the rules outlined in the 'Instructions for Authors' on the journal’s website and ensure that your submission adheres to these guidelines.
Proceedings submission deadline: 1 December 2024
Manuscripts for the proceedings issue must be formatted as follows:
Full author names.
Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses.
Results and Discussion.
It is the author's responsibility to identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of clinical research. If there is no conflict, please state "The authors declare no conflicts of interest." This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. Any financial support for the study must be fully disclosed in the "Acknowledgments" section.
MDPI, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open access publisher. We believe authors should retain the copyright to their scholarly works. Hence, by submitting an abstract to this conference, you retain the copyright to the work, but you grant MDPI the non-exclusive right to publish this abstract online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means you can easily submit your full paper (with the abstract) to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher if required.
To acknowledge the support of the conference's esteemed authors and recognize their outstanding scientific accomplishments, we are pleased to announce that the conference will provide 6 awards including Best Oral Presentation Awards and Best Poster Awards.
Number of Awards Available: 6
The Best Oral Presentation Awards are given to the paper judged to make the most significant oral contribution to the conference.
The Best Poster Awards are given to the submission judged to make the most significant and interesting poster for the conference.
There will be six winners selected for these awards. The winner will receive a certificate and 200 CHF each.
Sponsors and Partners
For information regarding sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please click here.
Ms. Lisa Yang
Mr. Russell Wang
Email: [email protected]
For inquiries regarding submissions and sponsorship opportunities, please feel free to contact us.